This project engages up to 240 local people and volunteers in the design and development of our community growing project adjacent to Ashley Vale Allotments. Once built, the garden will host on-going activities, benefiting more than 300 people per year.
You can support this project by buying vegetable and herb plug plants direct from Propagation Place (see below).
The project seeks to:
- Scale up local food production and accessibility by launching a propagation polytunnel, coordinating shared equipment & resources and developing opportunities to sell and buy garden produce
- Increase community cohesion through events that bring people together and get us talking, especially events that celebrate the diversity of our community
- Educate, inspire and connect allotment plot holders, seeking to increase retention of gardeners, improve knowledge about growing on a sloped site and encourage greater productivity.
Who is the project for?
- People from local communities and neighbourhoods looking to get more involved in their community
- Older people and those with physical disabilities or mobility issues to get involved using our accessible gardening facilities
- Underrepresented community groups including single parents, young people, children and families and those with learning difficulties and those suffering from mental distress.
Veg plug plants for sale
The Propagation Place project sells the vegetable and herb plug plants they grow to local gardeners and allotment holders.
You just order your Spring and Summer season plug plants from Propagation Place now, and collect your plants from the Farm when they are ready to be planted out!
** COMING SOON - Online Ordering - watch this space! **
Find out more about this project
To get involved, contact the Propagation Place team, by messaging us on Facebook or sending an email:
Message us on Facebook