We run a number of fun, inspiring (and sometimes dirty) activities for children of all ages. They aim to get children outdoors, discovering where our food comes from, the wildlife on our doorstep and the fun to be had outside. To get started, pick up a City Farm Discovery Trail leaflet at the Farm.
The Cultivate Project
In April 2017 we are launching a range of new activities for local children experiencing challenges, such as young carers, those with disabilities/learning difficulties, those for whom English is not their first language, those in care or for children living in low income families.
The project, which is funded by BBC Children in Need, will increase the wellbeing, confidence and capacity of local children and young people experiencing disadvantage, helping them to overcome the increased challenges they face. Just 1.5 miles from Bristol city centre, the project will utilise 4 unique sites, including a farm, community garden, 2.5 acre woodland and 13 acres of allotments enabling us to offer evening, weekend and holiday activities that are not easily accessed elsewhere within the city including:
- fortnightly City Farmers Club
- after-school training such as bee keeping, pickling and preserving, cooking and growing
- weekend family activities such sheep shearing, foraging, cooking
- wilderness parents and toddlers group
- therapeutic outdoor visits delivered with Imayla, Shelter, Bristol Black Young Carers, CAMHS etc
- ‘Project-Complete’ Youth Week engaging young people in a practical project such as building a compost loo, building new animal housing, developing new growing space
- Targeted Children’s Week engaging children in cooking over an open fire, water play, foraging, woodwork and arts and crafts
- weekend family activities such as community conservation days, building bug hotels, bat walks, species identification days
- ad hoc outreach activities to other venues
- regular Child and Youth Forum sessions
To find out more, contact the Farm on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Action Days
We often invite families to come and help us for a day at the weekend with various special events and seasonal celebrations. Details of what's coming up next can be found on our Facebook page or by visiting the What's on page.