1. Applicant expresses an interest to the Farm which is directed to the Chair.
2. Chair to inform applicant if positions are available and offer brief description of what is involved as a Trustee.
3. Applicant to submit the following documents to the chair: a. A New Trustee Form including personal contact details and those of two references (one must be a professional reference i.e. most recent employer, other voluntary organisation, educational establishment etc). In line with the Charities Act 1993, this form will seek declaration that the applicant is not disqualified by law from acting as trustees including: i. anyone who has an unspent conviction for an offence involving deception or dishonesty; ii. anyone who is an undischarged bankrupt; iii. anyone who has been removed from trusteeship of a charity by the Court or the Commissioners for misconduct or mismanagement; and iv. anyone under a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986. b. A letter of application stating that they would like to become involved and what skills/knowledge/time etc they can offer the Farm as a Trustee c. An up-to-date C.V. d. Completed Love Farm Membership Form and payment method if not already a full and current member.
4. Applicant advised to view the Wiki pages for the calendar of Board and sub-committee meetings which they can attend however they do not have any voting abilities. The trustee manual made available. http://swcityfarm.wikispaces.com/Calendar. Applicants should attend a minimum of three meetings including one Board meeting during their probationary period.
5. Applicant letter/CV is distributed amongst existing trustees.
6. Office to apply for Applicants CRB (action to be confirmed by Finance and HR committee)
7. At the scheduled Board Meeting which falls closest to 6 months since the date of application, existing trustees will discuss the applicant’s merits on becoming a trustee. Applicants who are successfully recruited as a new trustee will be given access to the WIKI site password-protected documents. Applicants who are not acceptable will be informed in writing. The reason for not being accepted will be stated clearly and will be kept confidentially in the office.