A green urban oasis
Nestled in the heart of Bristol, St Werburghs City Farm is an integral part of the local community, strengthening connections between land, animals and people for more than 40 years.
Using a two-acre Small-holding, one-acre Community Garden, 2.5-acre Conservation Site (Boiling Wells) and 13 acres of Community Allotments — home to the Propagation Place, we deliver a range of activities that support people to re-connect, learn and grow.
We're usually open 7 DAYS A WEEK from 9AM to 4PM (Winter hours). Go here for directions...
We're also home to St Werburghs City Farm Cafe, open Fridays to Mondays, 10AM - 4PM.
What can you do at the City Farm?
The City Farm's Small holding is a favourite amongst visitors young and old alike.
Adults Engagement Opportunities
- Adults with disabilities, neurodiverse or with other learning difficulties requiring support: supported farming and animal care placements
- Volunteering (18 years +): gardening, cooking, landscaping and wellbeing opportunities
- English classes and nature connection for Asylum Seekers and refugees experiencing poor mental health (run by Bristol Mind)
- Team Challenges
- Gardening Courses and Workshops
Children, Youth, Schools & Education Providers
- Schools and education providers: school visits, volunteering opportunities, outdoor work 2 learn placements, forest school and outdoor educational sessions, bespoke programmes, incubator hire and alternative curriculum sessions
- Inner-city children and young people: holiday camps and after school youth clubs clubs
- The Youth Club meets every Tuesday from 4PM
Other opportunities at the Farm
- Courses and Workshops
- Woodland Weddings
- Buy Vegetable Plug Plants
- Rent a City Farm Space
- Apprenticeship Programme
- Team Challenges
- Events Calendar