Horticultural trainees learn about organic gardening in our Community Garden, greenhouses and polytunnel. Activities include sowing seeds, planting out seedlings weeding, watering the plants and harvesting fruit and vegetables for sale.
By caring for the Farm's gardens, borders and green spaces, horticultural placements offer people the chance to participate within their community, meet new friends and gain new skills in a relaxing, therapeutic and supportive environment.
|9.30-12.30, 12.30-3.30||From £30|
Placements can be arranged through individual personal payments or by referrals through:
- a needs assessment by social services,
- Bristol City Council's Support Planning team,
- Bristol's Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND),
- Care Bristol,
- South Gloucestershire Council,
- South Gloucestershire SEND.
If you need help navigating referrals, WECIL runs a helpline for disabled people in Bristol to get in touch with any disability-related question.